This head is the flagship of OConnor's Ultimate range of fluid heads and features OConnor's stepless, ultra-smooth pan & tilt fluid drag specifically designed to give you the ultimate control and stability for film style shooting.
With its famous features the 2575 has become the standard for 35mm film cameras. Featuring OConnor's patented sinusoidal counterbalance system for true, accurate balance at any point in the tilt range. Add to this OConnor's stepless, ultra-smooth pan & tilt fluid drag, and you've got the best of all possible combinations.
|@ 4 in.||133 lbs. (60.5 kg)|
|@ 6 in.||105 lbs. (47.7kg)|
|@ 8 in.||87 lb. (39.5 kg)|
|Handle(s)||0° & 30°|
|Bases||Mitchel, 150mm, Sachtler/Vinten|
|Tilt||+90° / -90°|
|Height||8.4 in. (21.3 cm)|
|Width||12.4 in. (31.5 cm)|
|Depth||8.6 in. (21.8 cm)|
|Weight||22.9 lb. (10.4 kg)|
|Platform for 2575D: OConnor Plate, 120mm Euro Plate, Panavision Dovetail Plate, Arriflex Dovetail Plate|
The next generation of the highly successful 2575 series head is available from January 2009. The 2575 “D” retains a large number of features and functions from the popular “C” series but includes many new features.
- The new platform has all the controls on the camera operator’s side of the head. (i.e. left side).
- The platform release lever has a one touch finger actuated safety release catch. This allows for one “finger” or hand action to undo the safety catch and open the lever.
- Dual platform scales.
- The platform now has 4 handle rosettes.
- The left side has a “soft” hand rest similar to the 120EX.
- The head is now black.
- The head uses metric fasteners. This includes the set screws that are used for field adjustments.
- All current 2575C accessories are interchangeable with the 2575D. Even the hard case will be interchangeable.