3Designer is Orad's cutting edge authoring software for creating state-of-the-art, real-time 2D/3D graphics and animations.
3Designer creates templates for any type of broadcast, including news, election broadcasts, sports casting, weather segments, business reports and more. Whether you are working in SD, HD 4k or Stereo3D, 3Designer is capable of creating compelling content.
Powerful intelligent templates
3Designer is a template-based application. The template contains both graphics and animations; the designer can define which of the objects' attributes remains "hard coded" to the template and which of 'exported' variables can be dynamically updated and controlled during production. 3Designer gives the user complete freedom to select which of the elements will be exported: text, object position, colors, textures, video sources and more. During production, all the exported parameters of the scene become available and can be easily modified.
3Designer can introduce intelligence to the exports by creating internal connections between different parameters. The height and color of a bar can be slaved to the value it represents, and by simply changing the value of the bar, the height and color will automatically change. The scale of a full frame table can be dynamically modified depending upon the number rows within the table.
It is also possible to implement mathematical functions between different exports, which become very useful when sophisticated manipulation of a large volume of data is required, such as in election coverage. The direction and the color of an arrow representing a stock’s status can be dynamically changed according to the share’s value.
3Designer’s easy to use drag and drop interface enables all of the variables to be added, modified and changed quickly without requiring any scripting.
3Designer templates are composed from an unlimited number of layers. This unique feature is useful when constructing a scene that incorporates both 2D and 3D elements; a dedicated camera is assigned to each layer, providing maximum flexibility and control over the scene’s elements. Each layer or scene can also be mapped as a texture on the surface of another object, providing stunning new types of animations and effects that are normally only possible in post-production.
An intuitive object hierarchy and sophisticated asset strip management are just some of the rich graphic tools that 3Designer is equipped with.
3Designer also offers state-of-the-art 3D and decorated text capabilities. A unique algorithm was developed to ensure the maximum text quality at any given text size, thus avoiding text blurriness or pixelization. 3Designer fully supports Unicode and multiple regional language environments, multi-line and multi-style texts, shrink-to-fit, alignment and kerning adjustment.
In order to enhance the level of photorealism, 3Designer is fully equipped with texture and layer blending modes, cubic mapping, multi-textures and shaders such as bump mapping, displacement mapping and other video effects. 3Designer provides an API which allows programmers to write their own shaders and implement them using 3Designer.
User friendly and simple to operate
Running on a conventional PC or laptop, 3Designer is extremely simple and intuitive, and employs a common drag and drop interface.
3Designer supports unlimited undos, configurable short cuts and local preview capabilities making corrections to the design template simple and quick. 3Designer implements an easy to use animation timeline with animation curves and key frame controls. Once an animated sequence has been created, it may be edited directly from the timeline just by adjusting the keys, or from a dedicated animation window.
Interactive graphic creation
With 3Designer, the designer can easily create and define which elements in a scene are interactive and what interactions are allowed for them, as well as easily create interactive templates for all types of productions.
3Designer scenes and assets can be shared between multiple users. Assets that are created for 3Designer are not bound to a specific scene and can be used in various scenes by multiple users.
3Designer scenes can be stored in Orad's Graphic Asset Management database along with dynamic metadata fields. Once stored in the database other users can invoke searches based on the metadata fields that were assigned. A user rights management system controls the access rights of different users to different assets.
Enhanced workflow with Photoshop, 3D Max studio, and more
3Designer smoothly integrates to the graphics creation workflow. 3Designer can retrieve bitmap files from composting applications such as Adobe Photoshop while retaining the original layer and blending structure. Each element is retrieved as a 3Designer file, permitting per layer manipulation and animation. A "merge" mode also allows importing all Photoshop layers and retrieves them as a single 3Designer layer.
3Designer provides powerful tools for interfacing with 3D modelling software such as 3D Studio Max, Maya and Softimage. Using either the VRML or Collada formats, 3D models along with their animations, textures and materials can be imported and become assets within 3Designer.
The open architecture of 3Designer allows advanced users to write their own dedicated plugins. Some, such as Text Effects and Line Graphs are already implemented and can be delivered as part of the solution.
3Designer Key Features
- HD, SD, 4k and Stereo3D formats are supported
- Simple and intuitive user interface
- Unlimited number of layers in the scene
- Unique object hierarchy structure enables easy object addition to a scene by simply attributing it to an object
- Direct interface with Photoshop and other compositing applications
- Windows-based application with local preview
- Unlimited undo and redo allow quick and easy corrections
- Sophisticated asset strip management that allows access to assets such as primitives, fonts, textures, complex objects and more
- Mathematical functions for automatic calculation of % and other maths operations. Suited for heavy and rapidly changing statistics such as election information
- Multiple object editors provide simple control of all objects attributes such as layers, camera, light, transformation, materials, textures and more
- Intuitive animation window provides automatic key-frame and animation rigging with curves
- Plugin development is possible thanks to 3Designer’s open architecture
- Dynamic data and export connections allow 3Designer scenes to integrate with external databases for rapid data updates such as stock, weather, etc
- Template sharing between multiple workstations for efficient workflow
- Importing capabilities of 3D objects, textures, flip books and animations from modelling software such as 3D Studio Max, Maya and Softimage
- Enables various text manipulations, such as multi-line texts, shrink to fit alignment, justifications and more
- Includes various shaders such as bump mapping, defocus, displacement mapping and real-time video effects shaders as well as object and layer blending modes
- Render Scene elements as textures inside other scenes and layers – opens up possibility of complex DVE moves